Ranking 6 Top Chess Players for 2022 – Chess is a wonderful game, and there are many benefits to playing the same. Given the current situation, you can indulge in online chess because it is fantastic and engaging. It will flex your brain muscles and will keep you engaged for hours. In addition, chess can be a quick escape in between or after work if you suffer from work-from-home blues.
If you want to stay home and enjoy some me-time, then online chess can be your go-to game. Even though you used to play chess at clubs, picnics, etc., now it is better to play online chess. It is the one game advised for kids because it enables problem-solving skills, improves memory, and raises your IQ.
Chess is a game that helps you think creatively and concentrate more. We advise you to play online chess if you have difficulty focusing on work or studies. There are multiple applications that you can download chess game and start playing.
The best part is that you can start earning money and having a backup income source through online chess. Chess also prevents Alzheimer’s disease since it exercises both brain hemispheres. If you want to develop such skills, start playing chess; it is never too late to learn something. And if you already have experience in offline chess, you must download online chess because you no longer feel bored or lonely if you immerse in the world of online chess.
This blog will talk about the top chess players in 2022. These players are incredibly successful, and people look up to them and their moves to learn the game. Apart from reading expert reviews and blogs and watching videos, you should follow these chess players and how they strategically plan the game to become a pro in chess.
Ranking 6 Top Chess Players for 2022
1. Magnus Carlsen: Belonging from Norway, he is among the best players. He is the current world chess champion and the best to many people. He has earned a spot at the top, and so many reasons exist behind it. The 13-year Norwegian prodigy drew Kasparov and defeated GM Anatoly Karpov in an event in 2004. He was also the second-youngest GM in history. Read more about him in this Forbes blog.
After that, he became the youngest player to break the 2800 rating threshold in 2009. After that, he became an all-time great in no time. He’s exceptionally talented, but in October 2020, his 125-game undefeated streak ended. He can be the following legend in this era of chess.
2. Ding Liren: This young boy of 29 years from China has made chess lovers go gaga after him. He’s a Chinese super grandmaster, and many consider him a primary condenser for Magnus Carlsen’s world title. Bing got his first Chinese chess championship at the age of 16.
In 2017 and again in the 2019 Chess World Cup, he was the first player EVER to reach the finals twice in a row. He has an incredible resume even before reaching the age of 30. His 3 Chinese titles are accompanied by 2 team gold medals and one individual gold medal at the chess Olympiad. From August 2017 to November 2018, he held an incredible 100-game unbeaten streak in top-level chess competitions.
It finally got broken in October 2019.
3. Ian Nepomniachtchi: This Russian player is yet another chess grandmaster. He won the 2020 – 21 candidates tournament and even challenged Magnus Carlsen for the 2021 world championship. He has an excellent record in World Championships.
He scored positively against GM Vladimir Kramnik, Vishwanath Anand, and Carlson. He has positive records against Anatoly Karpov and Garry Kasparov as well. His moves are extremely strategic, and chess players must follow him to win.
4. Fabiano Caruana: Belonging from Miami, Florida, he is America’s youngest chess grandmaster. He’s just 29 and already has a solid portfolio. The grandmaster has ranked as high as number 2 worldwide and won many amazing tournaments. In 2018, he faced GM Magnus Carlsen at the world chess championship in London but unfortunately lost the same. He has also participated in olympiads in his teenage years.
5. Levon Aronian: Belonging from the Soviet Union, he is an Armenian American Super Grand Master. He is one of the best players in the world of chess.
He entered the top 20 in 2005 and has not lost his distinction. He has been in the top 10 for around 15 years now. Follow his moves to become a pro in online chess. He is consistent. His rating peaked at 2830 in March 2014. He’s a strong chess player with a solid portfolio.
6. Wesley So: Belonging from the land of the Philippines, Wesley So is a Filipino American super grandmaster.
He began his career as a chess prodigy who entered tournaments at just nine years. However, at the young age of 14, he became the 9th youngest GM in history. The following year, he was the youngest player to pass the 2600 rating threshold. He also broke Magnus Carlsen’s record.
He has an elite tournament resume while still in his mid-20s. In 2019, he won the FIDE-sanctioned Fischer Random World Chess Championship. So these are a few chess players that you should follow and learn about if you are eager to learn this game.
Also Read – Top 10 best graphics mobile games for Android