Calangute beach Goa information, Things to do & How to Reach? – This quiet beach is also named the “Queen of Beaches,” which explains that this one stands tall amidst the beaches scattered along with the city of Goa. There is a little story attached to this place which starts during the reign of the 1960s when a group of hippies found this beautiful beach while exploring the areas of Goa. Calangute, along with Baga, Candolim, and Anjuna, forms a flat terrain extending from Fort Aguada to the outer parts of Panaji city. Calangute beach is a four-mile beach enclosed by Candolim and Baga beach on either side.
The beach is famous for its soft sand sliding underneath our feet while falling into the laps of the never-ending ocean. Watching the sunrise while hanging out with your friends is closer to a mesmerizing experience. Calangute beach receives rough tides from June to September, which refrains tourists from swimming in the Calangute beach.
Also Read – Arambol Beach Goa – Foreigners’ favorite beach
Table of Contents
Calangute beach Goa information, Things to do & How to Reach?
As you all know, the city of Goa is famous for hosting Christmas and new year parties, and Calangute beach is no exception to it. The beach is, as expected, overcrowded both in on and off seasons, where tourists enjoy their time sunbathing while feeling the cool breezes flowing around their bodies.
Calangute beach is more inclined toward family restaurants which have their regulations; for instance, the local bars and nightclubs are usually shut down by 10 pm; on the other hand, Baga beach is quite in contrast to the Calangute beach, where nightclubs and bars are not shut down by 10 pm and provides a setting closer to a culture filled with partying, drinking and other endorsements.
Calangute beach hosts several beach restaurants with their fancy names attached to them, providing an array of foods divided into different categories, including family restaurants, which give a smooth transition for tourists who are not fond of a culture filled with drinking, partying, and other endorsements under it.
The beach stands out due to the availability of clubs, shopping stalls, and restaurants. Apart from all the regular food and shopping activities, the Calangute beach provides water sports activities that include water surfing, jet-ski, parasailing, and many other fun-filled activities. It is also one of the happening place as many youngsters girls ands boys visits here and its crowded place too.
You may like – 7 Best reels/ Tiktok songs for travel videos
Watch our Calangute Beach travel Vlog on YouTube.
Calangute Beach Travel tips- How to Reach?
- The Calangute beach is surrounded by Baga beach at around 1.6 km, which tourists can visit while riding through the seashore.
- The Candolim beach, located at a distance of 5 km from the Calangute beach, can also be visited; this beach hosts various craft-based exhibitions and workshops, which attract multiple tourists all over the nation.
- The St.Alex Church, which is 2.1 km from the Calangute beach, can be added to your to-visit list.
- The church called Our Lady of Piety can also be added to your visit list, which is 0.8 km from the Calangute beach.
- Mae De Deus church can also be visited, which is 5 km from the Calangute beach.
- Saligao, located at a distance of 4.5 km, can be added to your visit list.
- The Sinquerim beach, located at a distance of 7 km from the Calangute beach, is worth watching for all tourists who lure by fancy food and crafty clothes.
- The Calangute beach is located 14 km from the Panjim Kadamba Bus stand and is 41 km from the Vasco Da Gama Railway station; it is 10 km from Mapusa. The Calangute beach is the best extensive beach in Goa and the largest beach along the northern seashore of the Goa.
Calangute beach Things to do?
- Scuba Diving – There are many Scuba diving service providers available near Calangute beach, Goa. So you can try scuba diving in your goa visit which comes under water sports.
- Boating, Surfing etc. – You can do boating and surfing to on Calangute beach goa. While boating ride we seen Jelly fist in sea.
- Parasailing – This is another adventurous sport you will love to try in Goa. While our visit we tried Boating as well as parasailing which is very good experience Cost for parasailing is around 600-700 RS Per person.
- Chilling in Shacks on The Beach – There are many restaurants, shacks, launges you can find on the beach where you can chill with your friends and family. You can have liquor, Mocktails, Cocktails even hookah is easily available in Goa.
Calangute Beach – Glimpses if Favorite beach in Goa
Calangute beach attracts many tourists all over the nation, which is justified by the way nature wraps the fine sand flowing underneath the feet of the ones walking along this beautiful shore. The beach hosts several parties and workshops closely associated with craft and local goods that are pretty affordable for everyone interested in wearing crafty bracelets or handmade wood-based shoes.
The local tourists and travelers all over the nation visit this beautiful during the period of slow showers the ocean receives in the mid of October and early weeks of November, where the famous campfire and shows based on artistic stunts performed by local artists attract various firms and fancy tourist.
apart from the shows held during this period the preset rooms based on the theme of the local tribe with a cup of coffee in your hand while watching the sunset while facing the cool breeze landing on your fragile face is something you might want to experience as a traveler or in simple words the one who is interested in diving into the tiny sparks provided by the mother nature.
The police here are a little strict under the rules and regulations of your bike and whether you are wearing a helmet while driving through the streets of Calangute beach. You need not get Covid tested before landing at the seashore, as those restrictions have been uplifted for a few months due to a sharp decline in the Covid cases in recent months. Calangute Beach has rooms for changing clothes before you dive into the ocean, so yes, it’s not a big deal as you need not panic to find a changing room for yourself.
Calangute beach most crowded beach in Goa conclusion –
Calangute beach is one of the most extensive beaches in Goa, hosting various events which lure several tourists, artists and local firms, and other people who are keenly interested in diving into the magical world and beautifully balanced culture filled with magic, and water activities, food, shopping and many more.
This beach is the best one for both who want to spend quality time with your family or want to party hard with your crazy friends while surfing along the northern shore of Goa. Calangute beach is a never-ending discussion for fun lovers like us, and it will never be the end of the conversation for you. At the same time, you realize how beautiful this place is while the sun rises above the horizon while you lay down on the soft sand of Calangute beach.
Also Watch – Best Budget & Offbeat place in Goa.
3 thoughts on “Calangute beach Goa information, Things to do & How to Reach?”
Beaches of Goa are the heaven for all kinds of tourists. Beaches in Goa over the years have evolved as one of the popular tourist destination in India. The beach Capital of India- Goa is situated in the south west region. It is one of the most popular and most visited destinations by people from all across the globe.